• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater

windle27

NAXJA Forum User
96 cherokee
4.0 high output

the heater has been slowly loosing heat. i have flushed the heater core once a while back but dont think i did it right. so i was wondering if anyone knew how to do this proplerly or if any one has any trick up there sleeve.

anything helps thanx guys

1. Skip the 15-minute craptastic flush products.

2. Use radiator Cleaner--Prestone, Zerex, others make it. You put it in and drive for 3-6 hours, can be over multiple days.

3. After you have neutralized the radiator cleaner in accordance with the product directions but BEFORE putting in new coolant back flush the heater core. Don't get carried away with hose pressure--unless you like wet carpets and want to pull the dash. The heater hose from the thermostat housing to the coolant control valve or straight to the firewall is the "IN", the other hose that goes to the WP is the "OUT". Use the garden hose and flush into the "OUT" and out of the "IN".

Back