• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for everyone.

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
What can cause a very bad vibration at 35MPH? It wont go away at any speed unless I let off the gas. I am going to swap all the u-joints(axles and drive shafts) What else should I be looking for and checking on? I also have brake chatter when I hit the brakes hard. I am going to check that out when I replace the u-joints.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

90, 4.0, vacuum disconnect, 3 inch lift, transfer case lowering kit, Brown dog motor mounts poly not rubber. I am going to be changing the poly to rubber this weekend. I think that's all the info that should be needed.

Thanks guy's

Oh and where would you recommend I pick up the u-joints? Where have you seen the best pricing?

Last edited:
Just started? Been wheeling? Check for mud caked up in the back of the wheels or weights that have been knocked off.

Where is the vibration felt the most--your butt or the steering wheel?

Yeah, start with a full visual inspection of the steering/suspension. Have a second pair of hands move the steering wheel left/right slowly while you lay under the front end with a bright spotlight and observe the components for odd movements.

I had rocks and ice packed into the rim and frozen solid from parking in a snow bank - it threw off the balance and gave me a bad shake at that speed. I used a power washer to break it up and clean out the ice and gunk.

Don't know if this is applicable to where you live, but that was my issue with those symptoms.

Back