• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new muffler

looking for something quiet? or abit more aggresive? I'd hop on you tube and listen to some of them... I'd say though in oregon I would get something stainless, or atleast aluminized.

i love my magnaflow straight through muffler. not too loud, but a decent rumble, and is less restrictive than a flowmaster.

I like my flowmaster 50, it has a good sound and with the old tractor motor I am not at all worried about restriction.

I wish they had the black diamond plate muffler when I got mine though I would rather have that style.

Flowmaster's distinctive rumble is really cool,... for the first week. For me, after a month of not being able to hear myself think it got really old. It also gets really old having to talk loud in the cabin. XJ's do not have much (read as any) sound absorbing material put in them. i was happiest when I went back to a stock repalcement from NAPA a;lthough the Magnaflow isn't too bad either and costs less than a Flowmaster.

Flowmaster's distinctive rumble is really cool,... for the first week. For me, after a month of not being able to hear myself think it got really old. It also gets really old having to talk loud in the cabin. XJ's do not have much (read as any) sound absorbing material put in them. i was happiest when I went back to a stock repalcement from NAPA a;lthough the Magnaflow isn't too bad either and costs less than a Flowmaster.

What series did you have? My 50 is not loud inside at all unless I floor it. I know the 40 will be a bit louder.

Dynomax SuperTurbo Catback System.

x2. I've had a few flowmasters, and being 20 years old they sound cool...at first. After awhile they sound kinda tin canish, and the drone on mine combined with loose dash pieces made me think I had other problems. When my flowmaster rusted off I got the Dynomax Super Turbo. I thought I would hate the quiet sound of it, but it actually has a nice tone. No flowmaster, but a little rumble and bolted up real nicely. I even gained 1 mpg. :roll:

I have a Magnaflow turbo XL and it sounded like shite on my 92, I absolutely hated it, sounded like a ricer. I later swapped it to the 91 when the 92 got wrecked and the sound is totally different.
The tone completely mellowed with 10k worth of break-in. I like it now.
APN manifold, stock cat, & turndown at the end of the muffler(no pipe) same on both rigs.

Magnaflow for sure.. amazon is your best bet. I got mine for 49$/free ship sounds nice with a turndown.
Or, performance-curve.com (I think) has a cat back kit with muffler/tail pipe for pretty cheap also. I personally do not like the tail pipe sticking out anymore. 'Cept on my old Dub.

Back