• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil leak between transmission and engine

Keep in mind that a leak at the rear of the valve cover can be misdiagnosed as a rear main seal. Oil filter adapter o-rings leaking will allow the oil to run along the block and drip from the rear main seal area, also mimmicking a rear main seal leak. IDK about you, but I would much rather put in a little diagnostic time and replace a valve cover gasket and/or oil filter adapter seals first than replace a rear main seal unnecessarily.

oops. I mis read and didn`t realize you were talking about an oil leak and not a coolant leak. Best of luck to you either way

Keep in mind that a leak at the rear of the valve cover can be misdiagnosed as a rear main seal. Oil filter adapter o-rings leaking will allow the oil to run along the block and drip from the rear main seal area, also mimmicking a rear main seal leak. IDK about you, but I would much rather put in a little diagnostic time and replace a valve cover gasket and/or oil filter adapter seals first than replace a rear main seal unnecessarily.
right! I check where start the leak..... excuse me, but I dont speak english very well, I write from italy.... what does it mean "mimmicking"?

Back