• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Autolocker and Brake Questions

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
My D44 front has a trutrac in it and it is clicking a good amount when in 2wd. I know that it is unlocked when the driveshaft isn't turning it but is this normal?

I just got done installing my new axles and bled my brakes 3 times now. The pedal hits the floor and it is just barely enough to stop my Jeep. What else could be causing this? Should I try putting new brakes in?

You may not have a large enough piston to push enough fluid.

What are you running in the rear for an axle/brakes?

A Trutrac is not a locker,its a gear driven limited-slip and should be completely silent.

Did you make sure you got the calipers on the right sides? It can be easy to put them on the wrong sides and end up with the bleeders at the bottom instead of the top.

Also, how long were the lines disconnected? You might need to bleed the master cylinder. I'm personally a fan of speed bleeders, since I end up wrenching alone a lot.

You may not have a large enough piston to push enough fluid.

What are you running in the rear for an axle/brakes?

97 or 98 Explorer 8.8 stock axle and brakes.

A Trutrac is not a locker,its a gear driven limited-slip and should be completely silent.

When the gear's overlap when one wheel is turning faster than the other the springs compress and the gears release and make a clicking noise. I noticed it when I took it on the road the first time. I pulled the cover to verify that nothing was wrong and there were no shavings or chunks. I jacked up the passenger front and spun the tire slowly and it looked like it was working fine.

Did you make sure you got the calipers on the right sides? It can be easy to put them on the wrong sides and end up with the bleeders at the bottom instead of the top.

Also, how long were the lines disconnected? You might need to bleed the master cylinder. I'm personally a fan of speed bleeders, since I end up wrenching alone a lot.

The brake lines on the vehicle were disco'd for about 2 and a half weeks. Too long?

Ok, so what MC are you using to push the fluid?

With discs in the rear and (a**uming) larger calipers in the front a stock MC isn't going to cut it, IMHO.

Lol That was my guess tyler it was the same problem I had.

Back