• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Risers

Mavros

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever made their own seat risers? I'm thinking about making some this weekend just wondering if you guys have any opinions or pics or anything.

From what I can tell the only way to do this is to cut off the orginal stud that mounts the seats and weld on a longer one, right?

well when i mounted the new seats i used stock tj seat brackets. the rasied the seat up quite a bit. i'm 5'9 and my head is about 3in from the roof

I have some scrap 2x2 square tubing I was just going to cut up and basically make spacers for the seat bracket. Just wonderingif anyone has gone this route and if they have any advice for me.

I need to go the other way, as I am 5'9" and my head is < 1" from the headliner in my 96.

Still trying to figure out how to do it.

I need to go the other way, as I am 5'9" and my head is < 1" from the headliner in my 96.

Still trying to figure out how to do it.

Comanche seat brackets. They're not as tall owing to the MJ floor being thicker. Probably not bolt up, but close enough to save you a ton of work.

MJ bucket seat brackets are both impossible to find these days (even when compared to xj d44's, which are often said to be IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND. yeah, maybe for lame-o's), and also not even close to bolting into an xj. you didnt say what year, xj's have 2 types of seat brackets, pre-96 and post-96.

im guessing a roll cage, with seats tied into that is out of the question?

OP: putting in little spacers will work in theory, but on my 90 (early style seats), i have stud's pointing up from the floor, your gonna have to be creative to make the blocks work, but it sounds easy enough.

MJ bucket seat brackets are both impossible to find these days (even when compared to xj d44's, which are often said to be IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND. yeah, maybe for lame-o's), and also not even close to bolting into an xj. you didnt say what year, xj's have 2 types of seat brackets, pre-96 and post-96.

im guessing a roll cage, with seats tied into that is out of the question?

OP: putting in little spacers will work in theory, but on my 90 (early style seats), i have stud's pointing up from the floor, your gonna have to be creative to make the blocks work, but it sounds easy enough.

You know what, I had about 40 lines of text in this box to reply to you, but I'm not going to bother.

Suffice it to say that I have swapped MJ and XJ brackets, and the modifications are minor. It's also fairly obvious that this is only for Pre-96 bodies, I kind of figured that was implied since they never made a 96+ MJ.

Back