• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*#@!*#! fuel pressure regulator!

RamlebXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well finally buttoning up putting the 4.0 on my 89 kee back together decided to crank it up for the first time in over a month. Started right up with a little hesitation at first, got oil pushing through all the pushrods, but the dammed FPR is still spitting fuel! i put a new o-ring on it but it stll felt like its fitting kind of loose. can i break out the vise grips and crimp the end of the line down? or should i find a fuel rail somewhere.?

Re: Effen fuel pressure regulator!

Sounds like you didn't get the right o-ring. Is this the one in the quick connect or where the regulator fits to the rail?

Either way, don't crimp off the return line unless you want major problems.

Its from the rail, not the return line. The o-ring looked exactly like the one i replaced. It came in the o-ring kit for the injectors. Maybe try to find a bigger o-ring? I have a huge box of o-rings and none of the ones around the size of the o-ring from the fpr worked.

Try cleaning the rail where the FPR goes in--might be some crud messing with the o-ring seal.

Did you lube the o-ring before installing?

Its cleaned, everything in the engine bay got a thorough cleaning. It was leaking before i tore the engine down and was hoping that the o-ring would fix it.

Ok, then try another size o-ring as Old_Man recommended, or you have to bite the bullet and change over to the 91-95 fuel rail and FPR--Renix fuel rails in decent shape are pretty scarce.

Back