• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do next?

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I have all the suspension pieces together and I am planning on installing them next weekend (about 6" total).I also have rims and tires ready to throw on(33's).I am ordering xfer case and engine skid this week since I already have the gas tank skid.What else should I do?Currie tie rod and drag link system?Do I need a SYE?Maybe look into axles and re-gearing?I am trieng to do things in order.Am I over looking something? PLease let me know thanks

I have all the suspension pieces together and I am planning on installing them next weekend (about 6" total).I also have rims and tires ready to throw on(33's).I am ordering xfer case and engine skid this week since I already have the gas tank skid.What else should I do?Currie tie rod and drag link system?Do I need a SYE?Maybe look into axles and re-gearing?I am trieng to do things in order.Am I over looking something? PLease let me know thanks

First off, what year is the jeep? What kind of terrain are you gonna run? You should definitely re-gear it with 33's. One ton steering isn't necessarily needed right away, its not needed at all if its a mall crawler. Not sure what you're gonna do with the rig. I would strongly suggest a SYE on any year at that height but some earlier models can get away with it. On a 96 and newer you WILL need one.

First off, what year is the jeep? What kind of terrain are you gonna run? You should definitely re-gear it with 33's. One ton steering isn't necessarily needed right away, its not needed at all if its a mall crawler. Not sure what you're gonna do with the rig. I would strongly suggest a SYE on any year at that height but some earlier models can get away with it. On a 96 and newer you WILL need one.
x2 on this..

haha,yeah I plan to this weekend.But whats next?It's a 19944 door 4x4 xj automatic 4.0 ho chrystler with a stock tranny and 231 xfer case.I have a d30 up front and an 8.25 in the rear.

if your wanting to strenghten the steering i know someone that makes a great aftermarket steering his name is redrider2911 i run it myself and it works good he also makes a lot of other aftermarket parts as well id talk to him about some parts usually really good priced as well

I suggest reinforcing the frame in the front and middle at least, front to rear would be better. This will make the body last much longer. Mine is cracking all up from running without stiffeners.

Back