• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ front A-pillar AUX Light mount ?

xDARKWAVEx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have checked for this thread and its probably out there but didn't find it. I googled this mount for lights but all that comes up is the ones for the Wranglers. Someone told me that there was a guy on NAXJA that fab'd them for XJ's. I know its easy to make yourself with a piece of metal and some bolts but I was looking for a more professional looking one. Anyone have any idea who that guy is and if he's still in buisness or maybe a pic if you have them on your XJ ? Thanks for the help guys !

Google "Jeep Cherokee A pillar light mount".

I dont know why everyone wants to buy this bracket. I fabbed mine up in about 45 mins, all it is is a piece of flat stock bent and the hole drilled in it, i used 3 self tapping screws to put the bracket on. It has held up great for over a year now.

jeepsnow5.jpg

A buddy of mine just sanded off some paint and welded on a super small tab small enough for some 4in hid lights and that works perfect

I dont know why everyone wants to buy this bracket. I fabbed mine up in about 45 mins, all it is is a piece of flat stock bent and the hole drilled in it, i used 3 self tapping screws to put the bracket on. It has held up great for over a year now.

I've wondered this as well. Like it's serious juu-juu. :wow:

I've wondered this as well. Like it's serious juu-juu. :wow:

Time, money, interest, motivation, and ability all factor in here, the same as with any other custom component. And really, why someone wants to order these vs. making their own doesn't matter; your reasons may very well differ from theirs, and that's fine as well. However, I will say this: needling someone over making a decision to buy something rather than build it themselves without presenting a solid argument in favour of either or both approaches is very poor form.

Back on track: there's a pre-fab pair here - though they're currently listed as sold out, and at $79 per pair that's a fair chunk of change. I did find them (along with some other ideas) using the Google search Joe recommended, though, so you may want to use that as a starting point to see what's out there.

Time, money, interest, motivation, and ability all factor in here, the same as with any other custom component. And really, why someone wants to order these vs. making their own doesn't matter; your reasons may very well differ from theirs, and that's fine as well. However, I will say this: needling someone over making a decision to buy something rather than build it themselves without presenting a solid argument in favour of either or both approaches is very poor form.
Finally someone else gets it. Well said.

i had a set of lights mounted in a similar spot. The lights produced ALOT of glare off the hood. So much that i eventually stopped using them. I even built a roof rack that was set 14 inches back from the windw line so my lights wouldnt glare off the windshield. The extra light helps but not when you have to squint your eyes when you have the lights on.

Back