• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

apn header

Forceful Llama

NAXJA Forum User
It will fit fine--you do need to add a bung for the EGR tube to the header and another one in the downpipe for the o2 sensor. Any muffler shop can do that for you or you can order the bungs from Summit and DIY.

Note: the gasket that comes with the APN is bogus, buy a better one.

Thank Joe, was leery of dropping some money on a part that I would have to send back after I had everything apart. I already plan to add the flex tube and pick up browndog mounts pending funds next month.

Any adverse affects in not changing this right away, other then loss of fuel efficiency? I'm just getting into working on cars, so forgive questions like these. Got to start some where...

It would put you in violation of fed and CA statutes to not have the EGR functioning, and without the o2 sensor the ECU will probably go full rich on you.

Easier to do it before you put it in and have to pull it all out to do later.

It will fit fine--you do need to add a bung for the EGR tube to the header and another one in the downpipe for the o2 sensor. Any muffler shop can do that for you or you can order the bungs from Summit and DIY.

Note: the gasket that comes with the APN is bogus, buy a better one.

Joe, have you done this first hand?

Joe, have you done this first hand?

Not yet, my APN is still in the box. Haven't broken the last OEM I put in since I installed the Brown Dog engine mounts, Daystar tranny mount, and SS flex tube in the downpipe.

However, it has been done by a number of others, that is what inspired me to go ahead and purchase the APN.

The biggest issue some have had doing this is getting the EGR bung positioned and the EGR tube attached without breaking the tube, but not breaking that tube is an issue even with the OEM replacement.

There are flexible HT silicone tube replacements available from a number of makers, Walker Exhaust is the one I plan to use.

Back