• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift help

bikeman613

NAXJA Forum User
so i got a cuple questions about my lifted xj. ove got a 2000 xj that i just put the basic 4.5 rc lift in witch im already realizing was a bad idea, not that there is anything wrong with the kit i just already want more. so what i was thinking was like a 1.5'' blocks an 6 degree keys for the rear an like a 1'' coil spacer for the front. my questions are am i going to need to get adjustable control arms for the front an what about my drive shafts what should i do about that. cuz i have been told after 4.5'' i have to change that. any imput would be good

i dont see how 1" of lift is going to throw out your caster angle(which is what the longer arms are for). there are a few companys out there that actually have charts showing recommended control arm lengths for each lift height. i noticed that when going up an inch from what the current lift of the jeep is on the chart its a very small amount of length added and your jeep should theoreticly have enough room to adjust the caster back to spec. just my opinion. i have a 3" skyjacker kit thats been pushed to 4" and when i aligned it my caster was at 8 degrees (spec was 7-7.8) adjusted all the way as negative as possible.

Back