• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Mount Exhaust Isolator..where 2 buy?

BostonIrish

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for the exhaust isolator that mounts on the tranny/crossmember...99 Cherokee Sport...anybody know where I can get one.Tried TeamCherokee...they usually have a decent selection....PO replaced the stock exhaust with a Magnaflow exhaust and I'm getting a annoying exhaust rattle.....

cyberjeep/morris 4x4 has em. You want the round peg style for a 99, the half-moon style is for OBD-I XJs iirc.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-cherokee/exhaust-pipes-cherokee.htm

morris shows the rubber insulator and the earlier type, what I 'think' he's asking about is http://dodge-wholesale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=211942&language=1 a dealer only item that has the square bushing built into that bracket, similar to the 53000101 but as you said has the round hole instead.

Depending on how hacked the previous owner set it up, I'd consider just getting a generic exhaust clamp (like the ones that hold the tailpipe next to the rear of the leaf spring) and secure it that way.

Otherwise, pm me and I'll make you a better deal than those guys if it's something from Morris.

Yep..its the one built into the bracket.I get a vibration/humming sound at idle thats definitely coming from the exhaust.The 2 other hangers look clear so I'm assuming its the one on the tranny mount.Its pretty rounded out....the noise is driving me nuts..

Look for a shiny spot on the exhaust somewhere, and a matching shiny spot near it on a crossmember or the frame/floor etc. That will tell you what's hitting, and what it is hitting.

I hate replacing those stupid bushings, on mine I ended up bending the metal cage it's in (it is pop riveted to the bracket, at least on a 91) then cutting the bushing out with a utility knife a small piece at a time, then crammed the new one in using flat jaw welders vise grips. Next time I am grinding the pop rivets out and replacing them with small machine screws.

And this is why I run turndows, and not pipe all the way back..
GL with your replacement bushing tho.

Back