• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not your average vibe from underneath

osue077

NAXJA Forum User
Let me tell you what I have. 4 1/2 in lift, SYE. Up front, detroit and alloys. The rear is open but with disk brakes. 33 x 10.5 KM2 with 13k on them rotated and balanced every 3k and with no cupping or uneven wear.

When I get up to about 50 MPH - 55 MPH, I get a distinct driveline vibe. It does not change under power or deceleration, my shims on the springs look fine and it is only at that speed. I pulled both drive shafts and both look great. I pulled the front and rear diffs to inspect and everything looks fine. I check all the yokes while the driveshafts were off and everything seems tight. I drove with only front and only rear drive shafts including swapping front and rear shafts from original set up and it did not change anything.:cry:

Could it be that the KM2 are causing the vibes? I messed with air pressure, reduced to 22 psi and pumped them up to 45 psi with no change.
My FIL has all terrains that I could put on to see but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks
T

Back