• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Mirrors Question

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know if there is a way to modify the harness to the power sideview mirrors in my 86" wagoneer XJ so that the controls will work with a set of 97+ power mirrors?

You will need to get wiring diagrams for both units, and compare them, see if there are any more or less wires in one than the other, and if the same amount.... which there should be, then it would just be a matter of matching up the 97 wires to the 86 wires, and splicing them together. I assume it would work like that, but I havent done the research. I did a similar trick when I added an 86 clock to my 87 MJ, the connectors are different, and the wire colors were different, but it had the same number, and they performed the same job.... so, Good Luck!

I guess I should find a resource for the 97+ wiring diagram and see where that leads me. Anybody else with any info, hook a brutha UP!

IIRC, the pre 97 mirrors have 3 wires while the 97+ has 4. i could be wrong as its been a few years since i swapped my mirrors

Back