• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with 350 swap in a 89 jeep Cherokee

koda1775

NAXJA Forum User
I got an 89 jeep Cherokee that had a 4.0l and I want to drop a chevy 350 in it... If your just going to bash on me or complain that the 4.0 is better stop now and don't reply!!!! I love my 4.0 but I want a 350.. With that said I don't know where to start... I got a motor and tranny lined up but dd not know if there was a simple boltin/Weldon kit out there .... And what eles do I need to do....

The diffs are stock (Disco 30/35 combo) and the driveshafts are modded. Front is longer and the rear is shorter. My mounts were part of a CJ swap I believe and modded to work how I wanted.

And what eles do I need to do....

Motor mounts, tranny mount, t-case adapter or different t-case, shifters (t-case and tranny), exhaust, driveshafts (longer/shorter), minimal wiring, cooling (radiator and hoses), gauges (if you care).

Advance Adapters has a kit as well as a couple other places. It's not too bad to do if you got the skills.

Here is my swap. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1000211

Did you ever get this done? The build thread just kinda stops with shocks last fall. The last time I talked to you I remember you got slowed down and lost interest. That was about a year ago.

Not done yet. In a holding pattern for now. I do this stuff for a living and don't really want to work on my own junk most of the time. I'm pretty much thru gathering parts, I just need to finish it.

Back