• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibration question and need help

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=&quot]I have a 90 xj with a 4.0 in it. I just got done changing all the fluids in it last weekend and now I have a bad vibration. I had the vibration before I changed everything but now it seems to be getting worse. When I hit the gas it will vibrate but when I let off the gas it will not. I also have a loud clicking that I can’t track down when I hit the gas. The jeep has a 3 inch lift on it but I did the transfer case lowering kit. Does anyone have any ideas of what it can be? I want to get a SYE but I don’t want to spend the money on it right now if I don’t have to. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also have a clicking when I go over a bump to fast. Please help me this is driving me crazy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Josh [/FONT]

Sounds like u joints to me but who knows. I would remove one shaft at a time and drive it to see if it goes away. On your tcase without an sye you'll have to seal up the hole for the rear shaft so the fluid doesn't shoot out. Also inspect each shaft and u joints for play or wear while you have them out.

Inspect your engine mounts, the bolts that hold the engine mount brackets to the engine block, and your trans mount.

After that, as robsjeepxj suggested, check your u-joints.

The AX15 would be less likely to have DS angle issues than the AW4.

I have new browndog mounts and an aw4.

I also pulled the front drive shaft and it still does it. I will put it back on and pull the back and go from there.

I will let you know what i come up with tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Back