• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange placement of front end Jeep emblem...

gskrivo

NAXJA Forum User
Our XJ is new to us as of about 2 weeks ago. It is a 2000 Classic model. I initially noticed this when we first looked at it, but thought nothing of it. The Jeep emblem on the front end is placed higher than I've seen on others. Maybe it's to allow room for a bugshield or something, but I don't know.
It is also a reconstructed vehicle and has had the rear hatch and the left rear 1/4 panel replaced. There isn't any badging on any of that. I don't effin know.
Anybody seen anything like this? Should I just stfu and never start a new thread again?
Thanks in advance.
-Gabe

Let me clarify...
It is not just placed insignificantly higher, it is on the top of the piece before the hood as opposed to in the front of it...
Probably doesn't make sense...
Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow...

I've heard rumors of the not-so-welcoming arms here at NAXJA, but hey, people are protective of what is theirs, right?
Just the left rear, according to the title.
Here's a picture from the craigslist ad. The location of the emblem can be faintly made out.
3nd3m93pc5P05X25R6ac1db59dabfe0611b13.jpg

The JEEP letters should be on the vertical face, not up on top as in your pic. Assume that the front was hit also.

standard.jpg

Tough call. I would't assume just because the letters are placed higher up that the vehicle was in a collision. My buddies 01 has letters an inch or so higher than my 99 and it has 48k orig miles. We are certain it was not rebuilt so I dunno, I think there is just something different about the 2000-2001.

I've heard rumors of the not-so-welcoming arms here at NAXJA, but hey, people are protective of what is theirs, right?
Just the left rear, according to the title.
Here's a picture from the craigslist ad. The location of the emblem can be faintly made out.
3nd3m93pc5P05X25R6ac1db59dabfe0611b13.jpg
Pirate is friendlier than Naxja. Just busting your balls. Then again, you are concerned about that emblem placement when I would be more concerned whether or not the rear end was reconstructed properly.

I'm with Tim on this one.I would assume that it may have been hit in the front as well.It is possible that the emblem was removed to paint the entire jeep,and not just the rear area.Being a body man for over 20 years I have seen some really bad body work.It always seems like the smallest things they manage to screw up the most.Emblems,weather stripping,and poorly adjusted doors/hatches are really high on the list.

Pirate is friendlier than Naxja. Just busting your balls. Then again, you are concerned about that emblem placement when I would be more concerned whether or not the rear end was reconstructed properly.

Right, because the reconstruction quality never crossed my mind...

I'm not that worried about it, I was just curious. Thanks everybody, for the input. :peace:

it's an emblem, if you dont like it.... remove it?

what exactly do you want to hear? this is oem tech, emblems cant have tech.

I would think placement is pretty technical. I'm sure a lot of research and planning went into proper placement from the factory. As mentioned people tend to over look the placement when doing sub-par work so it would seem not everyone can place a decal.

I don't think he was asking opinions on the placement but rather if that placement was from the factory or not.

Back