• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS Neutral safety switch

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
For those of you mickey mousing around with digging around scrap yards, or trying to save a gazillion dollars for a new NSS, or trying to clean and repair a 20 yr old NSS, I just found a hoard of new ones for $38 on ebay. They had 11, I just bought 2 for a rainy day. One of mine is a rebuilt with the back up lights already out again. For this kind of money I could not pass up going to new ones, as I plan on keeping my Renix jeeps till hell freezes over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...|Model:Cherokee|Year:1989&hash=item35aeb9ab5a

They may have more. I think this one is for 87-92 years

Happy new Year NAXJA!

Thanks for the "heads up". The 1997+ ones are $49 but still a really good deal.

I have an '01 NSS in my '92-the switch itself is the same, only the wiring is different. I didn't realize this until after I installed it, and the plugs didn't match (duh!). I went back to the JY, and from the donor car I got the car harness plug, and a <'96 donated the plug and wires from the switch. Thanks to a chart supplied by kastien, I made a cable with old and new ends to convert the new switch to the old car, and now it starts AND has reverse lights. All for less than $20! And, I cleaned up the old one, and it's awaiting installation in my son's '95.

Last week I found and ordered new GM style weather pack connectors off of Ebay to replace all my brittle cracking 2,3 and 4 pin connectors that I could not find locally, especially the ones on the wiring harness end!!!! Got them for $3-$4 each.

Mine arrived yesterday, NSS. Look brand spanking new, like they were just made yesterday!

Back