• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slipping in 4hi part time?

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
up in the snow the other day, i initially had the jeep in full time 4wd. works fine, the road was patchy, some snow/slush/road. then it got to be more snow, and no road,a little thicker, so i switched to part time.
for the first 30 seconds or so the part time light would flicker, and sometimes the jeep felt less stable then in full time?

the light would flicker when under power, but then eventually stopped doing that.
it has done that before and every-time the light is flickering it almost feels like im in 2wd...
but it is also hard to say because i think my back tires would have spun out on that snow if i was in 2wd....
there were other rigs driving behind me so i couldn't stop and see what it did when i tried to go again/watch the tires.

sigh....

year/drivetrain?
242 obviously, aw4?

you need to diagnose whether it was actually coming out of 4wd or if it's just the indicator lamp malfunctioning.

ugh
sorry i always forget to put in my year model etc. since it is in my sig in other forums
92 4.0 AW4 NP242

anways i was wondering if it is even possible for it to slip like that in 4 hi? or if it is most likely the light.
thanks

Check the connection on the t-case switch, clean and dielectric grease it.

If that doesn't do it you may need to pull and clean the switch or replace it.

Back