• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling all Electronic Gurus

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I need to hook up a Dakota Digital Gauge to GPS. I'm sure somone out there has the knowledge to do this. I have seen several different GPS speedos but none for the Dakota Digital Gauge. Even a GPS Speedo that hooks into the stock gauge cluster might work. Need something though.

I need to hook up a Dakota Digital Gauge to GPS. I'm sure somone out there has the knowledge to do this. I have seen several different GPS speedos but none for the Dakota Digital Gauge. Even a GPS Speedo that hooks into the stock gauge cluster might work. Need something though.

Specifics - which model of Dakota Digital gauge, which model of GPS, etc.? Those will determine if it's even practical to try to do this.

This is the gauge. I didn't have any single gps in mind. I was thinking along the lines of just the antenna and a miracal box to plug into the gauge.

Not going to happen easily. More:

The issue is we have this gauge and no spedo cable for the 205 transfer case.

This isn't impossible, certainly, but given that we're talking about developing what's basically a one-off solution it would likely be much cheaper, faster, and easier to just get the speedo cable you need (and yes, I realise we're talking about an NP205).

Now, you may want to give Dakota Digital a call and see if they know of anything that will work with their unit - it's possible that there is a device out there that I'm unaware of capable of driving the speedo.

Back