• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers stopped working.

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
My wipers worked fine the day before yesterday and then last night I needed to use them but they wouldn't turn on at all. So now I have frozen anti-freeze on my windshield that I cannot wipe off.

What can I check to troubleshoot this? I'm not sure if it's the motor, switch, or fuse (if any)?

2001 XJ 100,000 miles

The easiest way I can think of is to take a 12v test light and with the wiper switch and key on test for 12v at the connector on the motor. If your getting 12v out there that pretty much eliminates everything but the motor. I can't recall if its 2 or 3 wires in the connector. If its 2 it may ground thru the motor body so check for 12v on all the pins as well as look at the bolts for corrosion.

I'm sure someone with a FSM can tell you the pin out for the connector.

Well they werent working this morning but i recently tried em again about 20 min ago and they work but slower than usual. The sun has been beating on the jeep all morning so maybe the motor was just frozen? I never had wipers do this before.

Back