• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ExtenZe.....for my brake lines!

coldoath

NAXJA Forum User
So I have finished installing my 3.5" RE Superflex kit accompanied by 33"x12.40 KM2s and a double sheer adjustable Iron Rock track bar. I have yet to flex it out just cause I haven't found a good place, but I was messing around the other day and noticed my front brake lines are almost taught when I'm at full turn...this will not do. Did some searching, searching ftw ;), and found that front bake lines off a Chevy truck will fit. I forget what year/model of Chevy truck, but I snagged the Napa part numbers off the forums and went and picked them up after work.

WP_000056.jpg

WP_000055.jpg

Got to go workout and do some other things tonight so it might be later before I get around to putting these on. Anybody done this or any comments on this?

Oh and one of them the bag with the crush washers was empty?! So guess I'll be going back to Napa to hash that out. You can't re-use the washers can you?

I have the crown 4" one on my 3.5" RE SuperRide. My only complaint, I think they're too long. There's a lot of slack and I'm scared a stick or something is going to snag them and drag it right into my tire.

Can you re-use the crush washers? Of course. Do I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Get some new ones...

Hm....cause I really don't wanna buy them from RE cause they are like $80 for the front pair VS the $28 from Napa for the pair.

I just had my passenger side crush washers replaced like 2 weeks ago cause they were leaking. Can I reuse those ones or are they pretty much toast once you crank them down?

EDIT: I'll post up pics of the Jeep in question here in a sec.

crush washers are one time use, once you crush them that's it. Brakes are not something to skimp on ;)

Yea, agree!! Plus they are crush washers......cheapest thing on a break system probably!

PICS, as promised:
WP_000059.jpg

WP_000058.jpg

WP_000057.jpg

I'm on a little bit of a curb btw. Try to get better pics later, kinda dark atm.

I have the crown 4" one on my 3.5" RE SuperRide. My only complaint, I think they're too long. There's a lot of slack and I'm scared a stick or something is going to snag them and drag it right into my tire.

Can you re-use the crush washers? Of course. Do I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Get some new ones...

Use some short bungees looped around the UCA @ axle mount, in conjunction with a vinyl coated tubing clamp.

Hmmm that's a good idea. As a short term fix, I loosely put some zip-ties around my shock bodies so they couldn't move around so much, but your idea sounds a little more stout.

Long term fix: More lift...

Back