• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb mount on 97+

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking for a place to mount my new cobra cb. right now i have a small cobra on my tranny tunnel. but i dont want my new one to be there.
i have a "fitch" box between my visors so thats out. i'd like to mount it in the dash if its possible.
pics of ya'lls install would help. i'm almost willing to cut my dash as long as it looks good.

There are about a zillion "post me a picture of your CB installation" threads here and on the web.

When my radio died in my last XJ, I made a bracket to fit in the stock radio location, and mounted the CB radio to it. No pix.

Time to put on your thinking cap. Post up the result :)

99% of the ones i found are for 96-.
i was wondering if someone had a different/crazy mounting idea.

Cobra 29 mounted overhead.

008.jpg

I may be wrong but isnt ther enough room to mount a mini in the center console under the arrmrest...just flip open lid to see what channel u r on?

I may be wrong but isnt ther enough room to mount a mini in the center console under the arrmrest...just flip open lid to see what channel u r on?

Use a Cobra 75 and you don't even have to flip up the lid:

05--all-done.jpg

All the photos of the installation are here, but the transmitter fits neatly into the armrest. One change I did make after that photo was taken was to move the hanger for the handset up into the blank space immediately above where it is shown there; it made it much easier to hear it.

Use a Cobra 75 and you don't even have to flip up the lid:

05--all-done.jpg

All the photos of the installation are here, but the transmitter fits neatly into the armrest. One change I did make after that photo was taken was to move the hanger for the handset up into the blank space immediately above where it is shown there; it made it much easier to hear it.

This is the one I am running as well. The only complaint I have is it is hard to hear. It DOES have an external speaker output like most CB's, or you can move the mount around like he did. Either way, I think this is a great solution to the issue.

my cb is more like the cobra 29.
i'd like to put it in a box between some cage bars, but i have no cage. (maybe one day)
going to look into a double din radio cluster but with a cb and radio

That will work but you will have to modify the duct work in the dash slightly. I have my scanner in the dash under my pioneer. the cobra 29 will fit in that position but it doesn't slide quite all the way in. It sticks out about an inch and a half farther than the deck. There is a write up out there either on this forum or jeepforum. do some searches.

i've did a lil google-ing but havent seen it. not a member on jeepforum.

i dont mind cutting the duct a lil, it's a trail/show-off rig

yeah I had it bookmarked when in did the install but its been a while. You will have to fab the mount. pull the bezel out and you can see what needs to happen. You will also have to modify the bezel as well.

Back