• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ drivers side door wont lock when I hit the switch?

KyleER

NAXJA Forum User
I know electrical is a problem with XJs so hopefully someone has had the same problem: for a month or so now when I hit the lock switch on my door the drivers side does not lock 98% of the time. Occasionally it will lock then not unlock or vice versa. Luckily I noticed it happening as I always use the lock switch because I don't like carrying my key fob. Has anyone experienced this before? What did you do to fix it?

on my 96 i took off the molding and put half a can of PB on it, worked pretty good

....when I hit the lock switch on my door the drivers side does not lock 98% of the time. Occasionally it will lock then not unlock or vice versa.

Clean the locking and latch mechanisms with Throttle Body cleaner and lubricate them well with oil. WD-40 is neither a cleaner nor a lubricant.

Change the lock motor- or investigate a break in the wire in the harness going from the kick panel to the door. (check continuity)

Back