• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton cross member skid

Irongrave

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to go long arms on my XJ and found a local set of clayton arms and the cross member. I have a JKS skid on there now and I like how it protects the t-case. Now has any one built a JKS style skid off a Clayton cross member.

p_ogs400.jpg

basically take a piece of tub bend it 180* and weld up some 1/4 plate to it.

basically take a piece of tub bend it 180* and weld up some 1/4 plate to it.

BAM, done. Whats the question?

EDIT: I believe Clayton also has some sort of t-case skid setup :dunno: The pictures of the 3 link setup shows a skid.

trying to see if any one has done it and what it looks like.

guess just gotta do it my self if i pick up the kit

i like the idea...

also maybe tie it in to a frame rail? that way if you were to rest weight of vehicle or a said object you would have x member and a third point to brace off of

also maybe tie it in to a frame rail? that way if you were to rest weight of vehicle or a said object you would have x member and a third point to brace off of

X2. What im doing for mine is a second crossmember at the back of the t-case with a skid between the two. The more you can support and tie the skid into the framerails, the better.

I have the iron rock X member and once i get my heep driving i will post up some pics of the underbelly and some of my plans...

my x member / the iron rock is very similar to the claytons but has a lot of cut outs/ holes, etc...

Back