• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to me 93 chero.questions

tbear

NAXJA Forum User
got a 93 2 door i6 automatic,noticed that when air is on no electric fan,,,, hasn't got hot enough to turn on either.shouldn't it come on with air??my 96 does. also it is equiped with idiot lights.. which gauge pods will work in it with only sensor changes,,,oil, coolant.??? it has 195421 miles and purs like a lion!,any input would be great.

Yes - your aux electric fan should come on anytime the AC is engaged, no matter what temp the engine coolant is at. First, run power from your battery straight to the fan to make cetain the fan is good. If it doesn't go, get a new fan. The curved blade model out of the later year models (97+ I believe) is a drop in and moves a bit more air with less noise. If the fan is good, it's most likely the relay - located in the box on the passenger side fender. I don't recall offhand which one it was (there are like four of them in there), but do recall it was diagramed in the factory service manual. Take the relay to the stealer for a replacement, and have them check ALL the numbers on all sides of it to have the best shot atgetting the right part the first time. If you just ask for the aux fan relay, odds are you'll get the wrong part (ask me how I know).
Good luck.

For the gauge pod, 91 until whatever year they changed the dash (97?) should work. It needs to be the model with an electronic speedo, so pre-91 won't work. The two sensors (oil and coolant) are the only things you'll need to change.

checked the fan it has power and it works. i finally got it hot enough to make it come on. still with the air it does not come on.what should i check now?????

Back