• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

simple light question

you may be able to get away without them, but most likely you should expect flickering and/or only 1 light to work at a time. depending on the condition of your stock wiring.

it is desireable to add a new harness, and downright mandatory (from my experience, all the jeeps in my stable run HID's everywhere possible) to ground back to the negative battery terminal.

i cant recommend enough that you build your own, via go-jeeps website, it's super easy, and if you dont know anything about 12v electrical, building the harness will be your primer!

i also prefer low-only kit's, many hi/lo's use regular halogen bulbs for the hi. i prefer to use my rallye 4000 HID's for that.

Absolutely should upgrade the harness. They're less than $20 from www.eautoworks.com.
Cheaper than the burned up headlamp switch and connector you'll probably have to replace if you don't do the harness.

Besides, if you're looking for bright lights, they won't be nearly as bright without the harness.

I have the DDM 55W kit in my Cherokee and you definitely need the upgraded harness. Before I installed it, my driver's side light would occasionally not turn on.

Also, the Hi/Low kit from DDM doesn't use a halogen bulb for the hi-beam.

You will notice a HUGE difference in light output -- most certainly worth the money.

Definitely do the harness, it's not even truly sufficient for stock headlights nevermind upgraded ones.

Easy to build yourself if you know how to do 12 volt DC wiring and are competent with a terminal crimper.

Back