• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie vs. No-Slip in 8.25

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97XJ, AW-4, NV231J, 3" OME lift, 30" BFG-AT's.

Want to put a locker in my 8.25 diff. I am 99+% Daily driver on highways, etc.
Occasional off-road, and would like the added traction of a locker.

Which locker would have better street manners, and still perform on the trail?

Appreciate your opinions-

Jeff-97XJ

I have an Aussie in my rear 44, awesome off-road, and nice on road. Only thing i get is a click-click around corners but i dont mind it at all.

pretty sure they both basically work the same way

Both will work fine. I have a No-Slip & if I was buying new I would go with the Aussie. The No-Slip works fine but it has springs that go inside with the cross pin & it makes the install a PIA. JIM.

The Aussie would be the same as a Lock-rite,the No-slip is alot quieter!
BTW,they all have springs in them.

Better street manners: no-slip hands down. An aussie/lockright makes more noises on pavment. I never heard the no-slip in my old 8.25. Both are gunna provide nearly identical performance. The aussie is gunna be cheaper.

Better street manners: no-slip hands down. An aussie/lockright makes more noises on pavment. I never heard the no-slip in my old 8.25. Both are gunna provide nearly identical performance. The aussie is gunna be cheaper.

x2.

Had a no-slip in my rear D44 and loved it. Never heard a peep out of it but performed exactly like a lockright/aussie.

i have had powertrax and Aussie. the power trax was a little quieter. the Aussie is a little noisier but the pins and springs are bigger. also the Aussie is a little beefier in construction and less expensive.id go with the Aussie

Back