• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Front NP231 case half

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
So...can't find my old thread, so I'll start another.

I need the front half of a 23 spline NP231.

i.e. this:

DSCF1133.jpg

(obviously minus the midshaft and drilled/tapped shift rail)

Would like to keep it on the cheap, so let me know what ya got.

I'll be headed down to Colorado Springs on the 23rd or 24th and headed back up the 26th.

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WTB: Rear NP231 case half

I think that's the front half Justin........ the half with the planetary faces forward in the Jeep......

I'll have a 93 YJ front 1/2 (and/or back 1/2) within a week or so -- 6er of 90 shilling and its yours...

One merely needs to ask.........

Done. :thumbup:

Do you already have the box4rocks kit? If not I'd probably sell you mine. I'm pondering going to just the D300 to help with driveshaft length.

If its a 23 spliner you got a DEAL! :D

it is 23 spline, can't remember if it is short shaft or mid-shaft, but definitely a 23 spliner.

Do you already have the box4rocks kit? If not I'd probably sell you mine. I'm pondering going to just the D300 to help with driveshaft length.

Normally I would be interested, but a buddy and I are going to make the actual kit through his work for basically next to free, and I just got in my midshaft from duffy.

You should do the doubler...its gonna be well worth it. Can you say individual wheel cutting brakes :D

it is 23 spline, can't remember if it is short shaft or mid-shaft, but definitely a 23 spliner.

Meh, not using any part of the shaft, mainly just the case, planetaries, shift collar peice, shifter, etc.

cool, I'll set it aside for ya, let me know how/when you want to get it!

Normally I would be interested, but a buddy and I are going to make the actual kit through his work for basically next to free, and I just got in my midshaft from duffy.

You should do the doubler...its gonna be well worth it. Can you say individual wheel cutting brakes :D

What I'm going back and forth on in my head is that I could sell the Box4Rocks for enough to do a 4:1 in my D300. I already have the D300 and a twinstick kit (Duffy's) already on it.

With my current setup if I leave the doubler in high my crawl ratio is 45.75:1 wich is probably too low (too high of gearing) of a ratio for me

With the doubler I have a total crawl ratio of 124:1 wich is stupid low

With just the D300 (but with a 4:1) my crawl ratio in first gear would be 70:1 wich is what my XJ had and it worked really well

Now I am running 39.5's (compared to 36's on XJ) so I would probably wind up wanting to regear the axles a bit to help make up for it (which my carriers allow) later on. I think ideally I would be wanting a 90-100:1 crawl ratio. Also that would give my driveshaft quite a bit of extra length, currently its only 22" long

Its all still a puzzle in my head I keep going over and in reality I just need to quit thinking and finish building.

I saw in your other FS thread that you're coming to the springs on the 23-24th? If you're hoping to get my front 1/2, I can try to have it apart by Thursday, but I can't guarantee it, and I'll be on the road to WYO on Friday...

I saw in your other FS thread that you're coming to the springs on the 23-24th? If you're hoping to get my front 1/2, I can try to have it apart by Thursday, but I can't guarantee it, and I'll be on the road to WYO on Friday...

Ok yeah just let me know. If your needing a hand on it or anything I could come down a day earlier if it would help any.

-Justin

If I know Thursday evening is the day, I'll get out there tonight or tomorrow and pull the case apart... PM me for the details on where I'm at, how to get ahold of me, etc...

Justin -- got the case split tonight, the front is waiting for ya. I'll send you a PM so we can work out your pickup on Thursday...

Back