• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do I get this TRE?

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I get this? Are there any mods I'd have to do to my stock knuckle to run these? I searched but I think I'm retarded cause nothing came up.
DSCN4510.jpg

If thats a RuggedRidge set-up,then good lock,otherwise its a std chevy tre!

DSCN2704.jpg

that set up wont have bumpsteer. right? lol I'm sorry I'm a noob when it comes to this shizz. everything else I know but steering is a gray area for me

Maybe but the bigger concern would be the massive on center dead spot because of the tie rod rolling everytime you turn the steering wheel. Unless you're running high steer(like on a Dana44) inverted T steering really isn't a good option.

In my experience, the spacers help reduce but will not eliminate the dead spot.

the dead spot refers to the spot where you can move the steering back and forth without moving the tires. I have a pretty good one in my steering, enough that I'm not driving my rig on the street again until I replace the spacer, it wanders all over.. mine is worn pretty badly though.

the TRE at the passenger knuckle will roll over forward and back a good amount before the knuckle itself starts to move without the spacer, the spacer helps but as weirdo mentioned it will still be there. it goes around the shaft of the TRE and takes up the space between the face of the TRE and the knuckle so the TRE can't pitch over as easily.

If jcr anything like rugged ridge, stay away. I could improve mine with plastic spacers but it still sucked bad

I'm buying Car Quest TRE since I work there and their cheap and building it myself. I'll probably make the spacers myself on the lathe too. So the dead spot is pretty much just slop?

I'm buying Car Quest TRE since I work there and their cheap and building it myself. I'll probably make the spacers myself on the lathe too. So the dead spot is pretty much just slop?

yes. if you make the spacer yourself it needs to be made of something with some give, the TRE has to be able to deflect a bit work properly. a metal spacer would prevent the TRE from pivoting at all.

probably a good idea, get two while you're at it, they're cheap and it WILL wear out, better to save yourself from shipping costs twice ;)

Weve tried running the spacers at all 3 tre's,it helps but it still has some roll.

Back