• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tune Up Kit

Yeah, if I had a 500 HP 4.0 I might consider that kit.

Seriously, there isn't much, if any, benefit to using "super" ignition parts on a stock 4.0 engine. Hopped up ignition system improve spark at high compression and high RPM situations where it becomes more difficult to ignite the air/fuel mixture.

I'm not anti-performance parts, I just think they are too often used on the wrong vehicles for the wrong reasons.

As Winterbeater said, Champion plugs 84-99, NGK V-Fire plugs 84-01 (NGK became the recommended plug for the distributorless ignition systems, and they are an excellent service plug all around).

Cap with brass contacts, rotor, plug wires, plugs, air filter--all of a quality brand and you won't go wrong.

You can order all the stuff off rock auto for much cheaper then that. I like the standard "blue streak" cap and rotors, the Delco 7mm wires and of course the champion coppers.

I personally also run the champion coppers in my 2000.

I ran the Accel kit for a few years- no serious complaints, but I replaced everything this summer with Champion plugs, Belden wires, and NAPA/Echlin cap and rotor, from a lot of recommendations on here.

Champion 412 plugs
Belden 700444 wires
Echlin MO30 cap
Echlin MO31 rotor

All off-the-shelf stuff at NAPA, even here. :thumbup:

Back