• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water in tranmission shifter tower?

pariah24

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so last night my buddy and I pulled the tranny from my hydrolocked motor. And in the process of cleaning and inspecting, I discovered I was almost down to the rivets on my clutch. So I bought a new clutch kit, did the install...and decided to call it a night, figuring we would finish up this morning.

Now when I went to bed, the skies were clear and there was no forecast for rain so I didn't have a problem leaving my transmission in front of the truck. I wake up this morning to a light misting rain, dash outside to cover up the shift tower on the transmission but it's apparent water got inside.

How much? I don't know. It didn't look like it really rained, just a light mist. But it was enough that I had water droplets on everything.

So...anything I need to do other than drain and refill the fluid?

Last edited:
I would clean up the exposed water, finish the clutch job, drive her for 20 minutes to warm up the trans, then just drain and refill with clean lubricant. NBD.

Back