• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster angle?

awdxtc

NAXJA Forum User
How do you measure the caster angle on the front of a 2000 XJ? What should it be and what will lengthening or shortening the LCA do to the angle?

Good question.. I would like to know this as well. I have read many write-ups and while I understand how to make the physical adjustments with the upper and lower control arms, I don't understand where you take your "base measurement" from to use as a reference for your angle finder.

I am a complete newb to solid axle and I also don't understand exactly what the process is for adjusting the arms...do you leave them bolted in while adjusting or unbolt them. If you unbolt them how do you get them back in if they are shorter or longer after the adjustment. I am sorry for all the dumb questions but I really want to learn this stuf.

see no one ever told me that I had to add shims to it...or do you only have to do that if your control arms are not adjustable?

see no one ever told me that I had to add shims to it...or do you only have to do that if your control arms are not adjustable?

shims is how the factory did it, they are located in the LCA pocket and move the LCA forward or back.

Back