• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Idle?

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rough idle, I have replaced the O2 sensor, not really sure where to go from there, the engine is the Renix setup on a 96 block, with a rusty's air tube and K&N filter. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Start with the basics. Fresh tune up hardware?
Clean your throttle body and IAC. Check for vacuum leaks in the CCV piping between the valve cover, intake manifold and air cleaner. Are the CCV hoses clear and not blocked up?

Things to check:
TPS adjustment/operation
CCV system
Grounds (crucial in the renix)
EGR system
Vacuum

Things to do
Clean IACV bore
clean throttle plate

Things to check:
TPS adjustment/operation
CCV system
Grounds (crucial in the renix)
EGR system
Vacuum

Things to do
Clean IACV bore
clean throttle plate

What is the IACV bore?

What injectors are you running?

it's on the throttle body. if you pull the throttle body off it is the hole that leads to the Intake Air Control Valve. the Iacv is round and has a 3 wire plug on it. When that gets dirty it can cause a rough idle. also any vacuum leak or bad gasket on the throttle body can cause rough idle to.

Refresh all your engine grounds. The one at the firewall going to the rear of the head. Remove, scrape paint off, clean til shiny. Reattach. I recommend replacing that POS braided cable with a #4 cable. At the dipstick tube stud, refresh those just like the other one. Clean, no paint, tight.

Back