• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle cable adjustment issue

chiw00

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, after trying to adjust my throttle cable using an old post on the forum, I realized that the adjustment button was really hard to press, so I sprayed some WD40 but nothing change, so I got my hammer and hit the button until the cable was realeased.

I adjusted using the instructions provided, I heard the clicks, but now the cable is all loose, I can move it with my hand, I think I just broke the adjustment botton, because it stays pressed, and I cant return it to its original point.

Is there any way to repair this? Like using CA glue or something like that?

I know it is a real pain in chainging all the cable, because it enters the tranny.

Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

:farmer:

Um, yeah a hammer and plastic bits usually don't go together well. You might be able to clamp the sleeve of the cable somehow so it's not sliding in/out of the now broken adjuster.

Have you tried stepping on the throttle? Its been awhile but I seem to remember mine being loose as well and didn't fully click back in until I stepped on the pedal. I don't think the engine had to be on.

Also, if I remember correctly on my 96 the button was metal, although the housing may have been plastic. My button gave me trouble as well so I gave it a few good whacks but even then it didn't loosen up so I just left it the first time. Came back a few days later and for some reason the button decided to free itself up.

Back