• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to know where to cut.....

coldoath

NAXJA Forum User
I am finishing up my RE 3.5" Superflex install. When I was taking off the back driver's side upper shock bolts I managed to sheer them both off, nice and flush. I have tried drilling them and and using an easy out. I have broke about 3 bits and currently have a broken easy out in the middle of one of the bolts. I have done some searching and people say don't #@$@ with and and just cut the floor, knock the old bolts off, and add new hardware. SO....here is my question: Where exactly do I cut? I don't mind cutting my floor to get to these, but I would rather not hack it up trying to find where these are. So I'm looking for some pics maybe? Thanks!!

No need to cut anything. Knock the weld nuts loose from underneath and replace them with standard nuts, bolts and washers. A hammer and chisel will work, but the $16.99 I spent on a pneumatic air chisel was money well spent. The triangle shaped hole about 6" inboard of the shock mount is where you fish in new hardware with a wire, a magnet, fishing line, or duct tape on your box end wrench.

Read this -> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/shock-bolt-replacement-fix-pics-heavy-323809/

Back