• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this A-pillar fit my 2000 XJ?

I'd say yes... 88-98, has the original and newer body styles overlapping... so no reason it wouldn't work on a 2000 too.

97's and some 98's shared a few older style interior parts. including the kinda trapezoidal shape a pillar plastic

A friend of mine has a 2000, and I can't remember if his A-pillar molding had mounting screws. I seem to recall it doesn't..... Anyway, my '98 has 2 screws that secure the A-pillar molding, then are covered by a small plastic plug.

Maybe the differnece is the the 88-98 units have screw holes, whereas your 2000 may not need them....

A friend of mine has a 2000, and I can't remember if his A-pillar molding had mounting screws. I seem to recall it doesn't..... Anyway, my '98 has 2 screws that secure the A-pillar molding, then are covered by a small plastic plug.

Maybe the differnece is the the 88-98 units have screw holes, whereas your 2000 may not need them....

Yeah, I went out and looked at my A-pillar. The A pillar is a one piece unit (with no screws) that goes up and over the door frame. There’s really no way that I could use it without some modification. I envy those of you who have the older models, LOL

iirc they never made a pillar mount gauge pod for the newer Cherokee's. You could probably make it fit, but it may not look 100%.

What are you trying to mount?

iirc they never made a pillar mount gauge pod for the newer Cherokee's. You could probably make it fit, but it may not look 100%.

What are you trying to mount?

Yeah, I looked and nobody makes them for the newer XJ's. I'm sure I could make it work, but it might not look as clean.

I got that one in my 99. Same style pillar as the 2000. I used tappered wood screwes with a little plastic nut on the back to hold it on the pillar. Painted over the top of the wood screws with some brush on insulation and you cannot tell they were screwed on there. It looks pretty good. I could send you pics if you want.

I got that one in my 99. Same style pillar as the 2000. I used tappered wood screwes with a little plastic nut on the back to hold it on the pillar. Painted over the top of the wood screws with some brush on insulation and you cannot tell they were screwed on there. It looks pretty good. I could send you pics if you want.

That would be awesome if you could post a pic. Thanks for the info.!

Back