• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converting my dana 300 speedo!

Mikey007

NAXJA Forum User
I believe I have read all the info I can to get my 98 Chrokee speedo to work with my short d300! First I read to swap a vss from a 231 into it, but my t-case has the old style speedo, which should be 7/8-18 thread. So the 231 vss is out.

My next avenue is to use some Dakota Digital gear, but I have some questions before I order. First the stock vss is 4 pulse/rev, the dakota digital vss is 8 pulse/rev, which will make my speedo read double? So I'm going to purchase the dakota digital speedo correction box to correct the speedo for my tires and gears anyway so I should be able to correct for the vss also?

The vss part# is sen-01-1 this part will bolt directly to my 300 which will convert a mechanical signal to electronic. So is there anything I am missing or am I good to go?

Mike

Late model Grand Wagoneers had a pulse generator inline with the speedo cable to provide a signal for the Cruise Control. I am not sure what the puls count is, but the part should be cheap at the JY to experiment with. Dakota Digital correction could be used. Also Abbott Enterprised sell pulse generators.

Back