• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dino's latest project (MAP adjuster)

Dr. Dyno

NAXJA Forum User
Since my engine's still running rich with the Ford 24lb injectors, I decided to add some adjustability for my air/fuel mixtures in the form of a MAP sensor voltage adjuster. Here's my article:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/MAP_adjuster.html

This is how it looks now that it's finished:

MAP_adjuster-finished_product.JPG

Stock MAP input voltage is 5.0v. I have mine set at 4.6v and I'll keep adjusting it downwards until I've got the A/F mixture near stoichiometric. Hopefully my gas mileage (18-20mpg) will improve.

When you're making these upstream modifications to the sensors, aren't you fighting with the oxygen sensor. It's downstream from the combustion process trying to tell the computer to correct for your mixture changes.

Would these adjustable sensors be more effective if the system included a way to adjust the oxygen sensor output?

He he he, I don't have a cat nor an O2 sensor (standard Arabian Gulf spec) so that's not an issue. If I did, perhaps my engine wouldn't have been running rich and I wouldn't need the MAP adjuster.

Back