• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear spring flip question

cardinal

NAXJA Forum User
last week i finally finished up my boatsides, and ran across a 79 hp dana 60, so i am swaping in 1 tons with a flipped dana 300, i also am cutting out the rear floor becuse i bought a new pan. while im there i figure i might as well flip around the rear springs. my question is with fuel cells, how do you guys plumb them up and can you retain the stock fuel gauge?

i figured on the spring flip bieng about a 6" stretch, is this correct?

A lot of people raise the tank through the floor and just run the plumbing through a drain plug or custom holes. Pirate 4x4 cherokee section has a topic of the month dedicated to raising the gas tank.

The spring flip will net you about 5 5/8" stretch, make sure you use a traction bar or you will get bad axle wrap and possibly break your leaves.

Oh and make sure to post lots of pics

I moved my factory tank back 3 or so inches and was able to get about 5" of stretch out of the rear without putting my tank through the floor. I could probably have gotten another inch or so of stretch if I wanted to.

Back