• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

amp wiring

calvin

NAXJA Forum User
I made the mistake a while back of gettting a little zealous with my dash removal, and pulled out my stereo without noting where all the wires went, particularly from my power amp (it's an MTX, forgot the model specifics).

I got all the wires from the two 8-pin connectors squared away, but I'm unsure about the wiring going from the amp to the head unit. The amp has posts for all the speakers (front right, front left,...etc.) Do these attach to the colored speaker wires at the rear of the head unit

(Sorry, I hit 'submit ' without finishing....)

...at the rear of the head unit, or somewhere else in the wiring harness?

Thanks for any info.

well I dont know about your specific setup but on mine I dont have any wires going directly from my head unit to my speakers they way I have it setup is the RCA preouts to the amps then the speaker wire from the amps to the speakers.

I have the MTX 4160 and it has 3 sets of RCA inputs on it that should be what is comming from your head unit.(READ: RCA from back of head to amp)
The individual terminals on the amp are the speaker "outputs" from the amp to the speakers themselves. Ive never connected these terminals to the back of a deck but I wouldnt think it wise to try as you may risk blowing something.HTH

Mike

Back