• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's this part?

BrokenSockets

NAXJA Forum User
What's the thing above the washer fluid reservoir with the electrical connector and two vacuum lines? It's ticking like a prop in the next sequel to Speed. Should I cut the red wire or the green wire?

What year? Something for the cruise control?

Pics would help,emmisions purge valve?

Oh.. If its on the pass side, should be the charcoal canister?

purgesolenoiddetail.jpg

this one? Often noisy. Don't snip, it's part of the emissions control system. It's often noisy. I'd either fix it or live with it. You might experiment with tweaking the mounting a bit to see if you can reduce the knocking.

Xwhatever, probably evap purge solenoid.

Ignore it, it's fine. If it gets too annoying, try wrapping it in foam pipe insulation and maybe make the mounting bracket a little more sound dampening.

That's the one. I can hear it ticking away while driving, even with the radio on.

I am sure I will be able to shut it up somehow. (I was not serious about cutting the wires.)

Mine stops ticking if I bump the throttle just a tiny bit up from idle. It is so loud I thought it was an extra part bouncing around inside the dashboard till I realized it was the evap purge solenoid. My bet is that re-mounting it using some lightweight poly foam instead of the stock rubber bushing will keep it from resonating inside the firewall/dashboard quite so badly, but I haven't bothered yet.

Back