• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Wipers

daveenlola

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone explain where the front wiper relay is on an 89 XJ 4.0? I think ive eliminated everything else but I dont know where the relay is. I can find info on newer xj's but im lost for mine. autozone shows it as a black box, i read other places its the skinny metal one on the bottom of the fuse box. Help please its raining and im moving Wed. and need the wipers BAD

big black box lookin thing stuck to the back side of the dash below the steering column, its about 2"X2"X1.5" wires comin in and goin out. just put your head down by your pedals and look up, im sure you'll see it all the ones at the jy had it there along with mine also.

The black box under the steering wheel area with two large connectors is the intermittent wiper control. If you don't have intermittent wipers there will just be the two harnesses plugged together. This is not the "wiper relay".

The little metal "fuse" at the bottom of the fuse block is the circuit breaker and can be tested with a DMM.

Back