• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cutting rear quarter panels

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
Just wonder if anyone has a write up on cutting and folding the rear quarters. I have tried running a search on this but could not find anything on this. Thanks for the info.

Its really a simple process, any of the write-ups will get ya there but looking at it will yield the same results.
make sure you have plenty of silicone, mine leaks because i ran out and am lazy. i'll bedline later(never) it when i raise the tank and put in the shackle brackets.

Its really a simple process, any of the write-ups will get ya there but looking at it will yield the same results.
make sure you have plenty of silicone, mine leaks because i ran out and am lazy. i'll bedline later(never) it when i raise the tank and put in the shackle brackets.

X2
It takes as longer to find and read these write-ups than actually doing it. I followed a write-up on the first side being careful where they said to be careful blah, blah. On the second side I just started cutting and was done in 15 minutes.

I used body seam sealer then let it dry for a day then rolled on hurculiner inside and out no leaks.

I read the right ups, and while ir was easy looking, I found it easier to cut off the whole section and just weld in a new piece to seal it. But I also wanted to cut higher than shown in the right up I read.

I actually welded up the wife's, then smoothed over with Bondo. Came out well.

Best pic I have:
original.jpg

Back