• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wide tire on skinny rim

A7XJ

NAXJA Forum User
How well will a 33x12.50 fit on a 15x7 rim or is this not recommended? Has any one ran this combo?

I run them(off-road only),they would suck on the street(I run 33x10.50's there).

I have run them before. They worked fine for me both on and off the road. It was hard to find a tire shop that would mount them, they tried to tell me it would be hard to get the beads seated. The tires might have been a bit more prone to wearing in the center of the tread, but I run my pressures pretty low and it wasn't too much of an issue.

This is my daily driver so it gets lots of miles, atleast 40 a day. What kinda pressures should I run to get them to wear flat. Or should I just buy some 8 inch wide rims

you would be money ahead to buy wheels now. the tires will last much longer with proper air pressure and not so ballooned out as they would be on 7 inch wheels.

I ended up with a set of 31x10.50 BFG ATs for daily driver duty to save my 33s for the trail..... After a few weekends, I got pretty fast at changing wheels/tires.

you could do it without any major problems. the largest issue being finding that right pressure for the street to get even wear.

I ran 32x12.5 BFG MTs on 15x7 stock rims for a while with no problems. The rears wore even at about 25-27psi, use the chalk test though. Fronts wore terribly but that was because of the 1.5" toe-in and stock arms on 3.5" lift, never got around to realigning it :shocked:

You'll probably have your inner sidewalls REALLY close to the leaf springs unless you use spacers or get some rims with less backspacing (or a wider rearend, speaking of which you are not gonna be able to make it work on a swapped 8.8 unless you use spacers, no way around it.) Mine were around 1/8" to 1/4" away, no joke, you could see the clean ring on the sidewall where the bolts through the leaf clamps brushed them as I cornered.

its quite easy to do and set up.

to get the air pressure close mount all the tires throw them on the rigs with roughly 24 lbs of air pressure. Take a peice of chalk and draw a straight line across the tires. Drive the vehicle roughly 50 feet and see where the chalk is worn. If it is gone on the outsides and still there in the center ad more air. if it is gone on the center you have too much air pressure. repeat until you have a good amount of the chalk coming off evenly

its quite easy to do and set up.

to get the air pressure close mount all the tires throw them on the rigs with roughly 24 lbs of air pressure. Take a peice of chalk and draw a straight line across the tires. Drive the vehicle roughly 50 feet and see where the chalk is worn. If it is gone on the outsides and still there in the center ad more air. if it is gone on the center you have too much air pressure. repeat until you have a good amount of the chalk coming off evenly

Old school and it works.

Back