• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master/Slave cylinder question

Hemihed426

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this so here goes. I've got a 88 2wd MJ I'm converting to 4x4. I got all my conversion parts from a 98 XK, AX15 MP 231 case and all the clutch master/slave one piece unit. I've read in some posts on here where some guys have eliminated the Mickey Mouse burn prone succeptable plastic line and went to a place that makes hoses and had a braided stainless line made up with the original fittings off the plastic line. My question is if you make a new line, how do you bleed it? There is no provision for a bleed screw on the external slave cylinder or master cylinder. I'm no newb, had V-8 FJ40s and other modded 4x4's but don't know how you bleed a hydraulic circuit without a bleed screw. Any help on this is appreciated.

what i did was bench bleed the master and slave cylinders, then pumped the heck out of the clutch once it was installed to build up pressure. i don't know if it just lets air bleed its own way out or what, but once i did this, i never had an issue with it.

Bump
Looks like there is a "boss" on the slave cylinder where a bleed screw could ne located. Anybody ever drilled and tapped this for a bleed screw?

Back