• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Map Problems. Please Help.

UnKn0wn

NAXJA Forum User
My Jeep: 99 XJ 4.0 aw4

Getting a Po1o7 and P1296 ( No 5 volt to map sensor )

Changed map sensor same thing.

Thinking it just isnt getting power.

Any suggestions?. I did search also.

Thanks
Jonathan

Changed map sensor same thing.

Thinking it just isnt getting power.

Best thing to do would be to verify if 5 volts is at the map sensor connector with a multimeter.

If 5 volts it isn't there, you need to keep that meter handy and try to figure out where you are losing the input power.

A lot of those tb sensors run off the same 5v power supply. Try disco'ing one by one and you might find the culprit.

I got a MAP sensor from the J-yard, but it didnt work ( Bad prob. ).
Went to AdvanceAuto and put one on and didnt do anything.
I bought a Multimeter and i have 5vs at all sensors on the T-Body.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jonathan

Physically inspect the wires for chafed insulation, dirty connections or damaged/pinched wires.

Ill keep looking into this, Got a buddy with a jeep like mine that is on his way. I know his map sensor is good, we are gonna swap it out to check

Ok, TEST for 5 volts AT the MAP sensor. Without 5 volts present you can swap MAP sensors until HECK freezes over and nothing is going to change.

it may also be a ground issue, so make sure you test the sensor back into the harness, not to the chassis.

Also, for help searching... it's P0107 not Po1o7 (all numeric except the P.)

I would also bet on a bad ground or broken wire somewhere.

Where are you located? If you are within a reasonable distance of central Mass I might be able to help depending on urgency and whether you can bring/drive it to me or not.

Back