• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running IronMan's extreme duty track bar and brace?

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Im looking into some different track bars and with all the solid reviews I have seen I figured I'd ask about the IronMan4x4 track bar. Im mainly looking into track bars with the brace b/c I'd like to strengthen up the front end.

Is there anyone here who has run this bar? The RE brace is a non adjustable without the bushing as opposed to the IronMan brace that is adjustable with a bushing. Does the adjust-ability and bushing in place of a flex joint make a positive/negative difference?

Im looking for some reviews from people who have owned/used/seen these in person.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Jeep_XJ_Track_Bars/XJ_TRK_SYS.html

i just wonder why the brace needs bushing. isnt the brace supposed to prevent the brace from moving at all? the RE brace bolts into existing holes on the unibody. i guess i dont see the point of the brace being adjustable and having a bushing other than just being able to say that it comes with more than the others. i do like having a flex joint on my RE track bar. but it does wear and need to be tightened from time to time. in saying that i love the RE HD track bar and brace system. i also like the way the brace mounts to the unibody better on the RE unit. but the ironman track bar itself seems to be stronger as it is solid whereas the RE HD track bar is 1 3/8" x 3/16" wall(.188) 4130 chromoly, according to RE

Last edited:
Im currently running the RE bracket and hd bar and it will either be the same one again along with the brace or this IronMan bar and brace.

I also dont see the point of the brace being adjustable or having the bushing. Shouldnt there be no flex in the brace whatsoever and if it is going to be mounted straight across the frame rails what is the point of the adjust-ability in the brace?

There is no doubt that the RE bar itself is strong enough so the solid bar vs the dom tubing isnt a big factor to me.

yeah the RE bar is definitely strong enough. just stating the difference is all. and all three peices from RE would be cheaper...and im sure a vendor such as fullsizeXJ could get you a good deal. but i cannot say i have seen anyone run the ironman setup, they seem to be a pretty new company

They do seem a new company and hopefully there will be someone who knows more about it. The reviews I have seen all seem to be good but maybe I will end up going with the tried and true RE bar/bracket/brace. I have no problems with the setup I have now.

Off topic but how do you like your 33x10.50s? They are probably what I will be going with on this next rig.

ironman isn't so much a company as it is Andy. Don't think there is anyone else working with him. He knows his stuff, if you have a question email him, being a one man operation he might be slow to respond but he does build very very good stuff. I would put the quality above any of the main stream companys

Off topic but how do you like your 33x10.50s? They are probably what I will be going with on this next rig.

i havent had them wheeling much yet but so far i love them. they are pretty quiet on the street and i have heard a lot of good things about 33x10.50's as far as being a good DD/wheeling tire. plus i like the way they look better than 12.50's

Back