• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running light issue

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
my brother has a 2001 XJ he just got, the left side running lights don't work but the blinkers do. we checked the bulbs and the wiring and nothing seems to be wrong. we also checked the fuses. any ideas?

Hey guy new to the site, im the brother, I've done tests, checking the switch, relays, and fuses, still can't figure the problem out...do you guys have any ideas were i can check? need this problem fixed so i can get it to pass inspection. appreciate any advice

Did you check the grounds ? Check at the bulb to be sure you have voltage on one side of the connector, then check to see if there's continuity to ground on the other side (and/or voltage across the connectors). The right side lights on my truck were both out after a couple years in storage. Turned out each light had corrosion in it. Not a problem related to the side of the truck, that was just a coincidence.

Check the electrical connection under the air filter box. I had the same problem and found that the wire for the light had seperated from the connector due to corrosion.

Back