• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EBAY PAINT KITS?

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
So im shopping around getting ready to paint my sister in laws jeep. She wants to do it on the cheap. Already have a spray gun, compressor, and heated shop to work out of but she wanted to just rattle can it. I told her we mise well do it right so I started searching around for paint and prices. I found different colors of paint from this company here on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Glac...Z390256608870QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

It looked like it wasnt to bad expecially for a whole kit. What can I expect from something like this? Im used to dealing with commercial and machinery grade paint. Not too familiar with car paint and what makes paint a good paint.

THanks guys for any help.

Cheap paint usually = cheap results. The coverage sucks, you end up painting 7 coats just to cover the primer/surfacer, which in turn results in thicker buildup. More prone to cracks and chips, fades quickly, poor uv resistance. These are some examples. If you want some quality CHEAP paint (limited colors), look into SPI's products. Everything they make is exceptional for the price.

I have used "paintforcars.com" for a long time. Their paint is OK. You need to use the clearcoat and follow their instructions exactly. It is not as forgiving as Dupont, but at one fourth the cost or less, I can live with it.

Back